PSHE lead: Mrs Priston
At Moon's Moat First School our vision for PSHE is to prepare children for real life and help them to value themselves as individuals and as members of society. We want our pupils to be equipped to make safe and healthy choices for themselves as they grow and develop. We believe that safe and happy relationships are the foundation for future success. Through our curriculum and wider school life, we embed spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and promote Fundamental British Values.
Children will learn:
- how to form healthy relationships and develop tolerance and respect for one another and themselves
- that their behaviour has consequences, how they can take responsibility for it and the reasons why we have rules and laws
- how their bodies change as they grow and how boys are different physically from girls
- how to make safe and healthy choices
- how to establish and maintain good mental health, now and for the future
- how to develop a growth mindset and face challenges positively, developing resilience, confidence and self-esteem
- how to set goals and reflect on their successes
- how to work cooperatively with others and take on different roles and responsibilities
- transferable skills which will be valued by future employers
Click here to view how PSHE is taught in the Foundation Stage.
Click here to view the PSHE and Citizenship Policy.
Click here to view the Relationships and Health Education Policy.
Click the link below to read a parent guide from the DfE:
Click here for the National Curriculum Citizenship pages.
Click here to view the Skills Progression in PSHE.