Please see below to see the latest revised guidance regarding Education Provision for children of Key Workers
Educational Provision for Children of Key Workers
Government guidance on key workers has been updated overnight. It is now clear that only one parent needs to be a key worker for children to be able to continue coming into school. The guidance issued to schools (Guidance for schools, colleges and local authorities on maintaining educational provision 19th March 2020 gov.uk): does clearly state that:
- The most recent scientific advice on how to further limit the spread of COVID-19 is clear. If children can stay safely at home, they should, to limit the chance of the virus spreading. That is why the government has asked parents to keep their children at home, wherever possible, and ask schools to remain open only for those children who absolutely need to attend.
- If it is at all possible for children to be at home, then they should be.
- Parents should do everything they can to ensure children are not mixing socially in a way which can continue to spread the virus.They should observe the same social distancing principles as adults.
- If your work is critical to the COVID-19 response, or you work in one of the critical sectors (see the guidance), and you cannot keep your child safe at home then your children will be prioritised for education provision.
Therefore, we are strongly urging any parents who can work from home or care for their children at home safely during this period, to keep their children at home for the safety of the children and our staff.
If you have no other option and childcare is absolutely necessary, please complete the form below and email it back to school (email@example.com) urgently so that we can ensure we can safely care for the children with our current staffing levels. Please note that if staffing levels change dramatically we may have to close the school. We are also unable to provide care before and after school. School will be opening for its normal hours of 8.50am to 3.00pm. Children who are coming in to school do not need to wear school uniform but must bring a packed lunch. At the moment school lunches will not be available. We will advise you if this changes.
Welcome to Moon's Moat Nursery & First School's website!
We the staff, governors and children welcome you to our school website. We would like to give you a view of our school life as well as provide useful information for parents and friends alike. We hope you enjoy your visit and tell your friends about Moon's Moat First School. We are very proud of our school and aim to provide a happy, caring and welcoming atmosphere in which the best education is provided for each child to achieve their full potential. We shall keep adding to the site to provide more on school clubs and class based activities - so keep returning!
Latest School Events Events
- Parent Evening POSTPONED02Apr2020
5:00 pm - 7:50 pm
- Year 4 Chocolate Event CANCELLED03Apr2020
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm
An opportunity to buy chocolate made by the children.
- End of Term03Apr2020
3:00 pm - 11:55 pm
- School Reopens20Apr2020
8:50 am - 3:00 pm
- Year 4 WWII Workshop - postponed28Apr2020
9:00 am - 12:30 pm