Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND)
Miss Vale is the SENDCo for Key Stage One and Two (Years 1-4).
Mrs Burgoyne is the SENDCo for Early Years (Nursery and Reception).
Our vision at Moon's Moat First School is to provide a nurturing environment where all pupils thrive in their learning and personal development. We want all of our children to feel that they are a valued part of our school community. We aim to provide a learning environment that enables all pupils, including those with special educational needs and/or disabilities, to make the greatest possible progress and achieve their potential in a caring, supportive and inclusive environment. We strive to identify and meet a wide variety of individual needs to help children to make good progress, both socially and academically, from their individual starting points.
We understand and respect the fact that children:
- have different educational, social, emotional and behavioural needs and aspirations;
- require different strategies for learning;
- need a range of different teaching approaches and experiences.
In making provision for SEND pupils, our aims are:
- To create a learning environment that is inspirational and challenging, yet supportive and safe, in order to meet the special educational needs of each child
- To meet the needs of every child through high quality first teaching and an appropriately differentiated, exciting curriculum which promotes personalised learning opportunities
- To promote positive partnerships between pupils, parents and external agencies
- To support the early identification of special educational needs and/or disabilities through careful, thorough and purposeful monitoring approaches
- To undertake a rigorous system of monitoring children's attainment and progress which supports both academic and personal achievement through the identification and removal of barriers to learning
- To use a wide range of strategies to foster a culture of lifelong learning and independent skills to prepare children for their futures
Further Information and Policies - Please click on the following links:
Please click here for more information about 'Shooting Stars' and Mental Health at Moon's Moat First School.
To arrange an appointment, please contact the school office.
Early Years (Nursery and Reception) SENDCo - Mrs Burgoyne
Key Stage 1 and 2 SENDCo - Miss Vale
School Nurse - Annick Kieff - 01527 488 780
Family Support Worker (School) - Lisa Sinclair - 07999 828 054
Family Support Worker (Early Help) - Alyson Rushworth
Speech and Language Therapist - Jacqui Woodcock
Educational Psychologist - Sheila Fannon
Specialist Learning Support Teacher - Pauline Smith
Specialist Autism Teacher - Nicky James
Beacon PRU Outreach Support - Amy Chatwin
Bereavement Counsellor (Touchstones) - Vicki Quarton