PE and Sport Premium
Sports Premium is allocated to schools to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sports to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
The Sports Premium should be used to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that the school already offers;
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
The Sports Premium could be used to:
- provide staff with professional development, mentoring, training and resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers to enhance or extend current opportunities
- introduce new sports, dance or other activities to encourage more pupils to take up sport and physical activities;
- support and involve the least active children by providing targeted activities, and running or extending school sports
- enter or run more sport competitions;
- partner with other schools to run sports activities and clubs
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- encourage pupils to take on leadership or volunteer roles that support sport and physical activity within the school
- provide additional swimming provision targeted to pupils not able to meet the swimming requirements of the national curriculum
- embed physical activity into the school day through active travel to and from school, active playgrounds and active teaching.
Allocations for the academic year 2017-2018 are calculated using the number of pupils in Years 1 to 4 as recorded in the January 2017 census. As a school we receive £16,000 plus £10 per pupil.
For further information please click on the link below:
PE and Sports Premium 2016/2017
Some Year 3 and 4 children attended a New Age Kurling Competition at Arrow Vale. They thoroughly enjoyed in and they won!
The Kurling Team got to represent Redditch at the Winter School Games at Worcester University.
We used some of our Sport Premium funding to hold an Active Week.
See the 'Active Week' tab under 'Community'.
Some Year 3's took part in the Tri-golf skills day at Arrow Vale.